It's a great week for shopping at Walgreens. I think I am getting this couponing thing down. I still haven't crossed over the threshold of being a true Extreme Couponer with savings of 90% or more (that's my definition of EXTREME). I did do pretty well in my last two visits though. I went last night and was pretty successful; then I checked my favorite couponing blog this morning and saw that I had missed several deals! Can't let that happen now can we? So...I headed back to Walgreens for some more action. Here are my goodies from last night.
I had to do 5 separate transactions to make this magic happen. Here's how I did it:
1. 2 tubes of Colgate Total toothpaste - on sale for 2/$6 with a $4 Register Reward. I had 2 $1/1 coupons so my total was $4.56 - that's 2 for $6 less 2 $1 coupons. I got back a $4 RR - which technically made them free.
2. 4 Dove Men's deodorant on sale for 4/$15.00 with a $5 Register Reward. I had 3 $1/1 coupons, so the total was $12, and then I used the$4 RR from transaction #1. So total purchase was $9.39 and I got a $5 RR.
3. Garnier Fructis Hair Care on sale for 4/$14 with a $4 Register Reward. I got a shampoo, a conditioner, a hairspray, and a mousse. I had 4 coupons for $1/1 so that made it $10. I also got the Schick Intuition Razor on sale for $8.99 with a $3 Register Reward. I had a $3/1 coupon so that made it $2.99. I had to buy a filler in order to use my many coupons - I got gum that was $0.99. I used my $5 RR from transaction #2, and the total was $14.20.
4. 2 Dove Body Wash and 2 Dove's Men Body Wash - same deal as in transaction #2. I used 4 coupons for $1/1 making it $10. I used the $4 RR and $3 RR from transaction #3. Total purchase was $5.39.
5. Eggs for $1.09, Scott paper towels - on sale for $5, had an in-store coupon for $1/1 and a $1/1 coupon from Scott making this $3, Softsoap Body Wash is on sale for $4.49 and buy one get one free. I had 2 coupons for this that would've made it a STEAL, but I didn't check them closely enough and they had expired the day before. Ho hum. I used my $5 RR from transaction #4 and the total purchase was $4.54.
So I went back today and got:
Here's what I did:
1. Another Schick Intuition Razor for $8.99 with a $3 Register Reward. I had a $3/1 coupon so that made it $2.99. 2 more Colgate Total toothpaste - on sale for 2/$6 with a $4 Register Reward. I had 2 $1/1 coupons. Total purchase was $11.38.
2. 12 Aveeno lotions - on sale for 25% and a $5 Register Reward when you bought $25 or more. They were $2.99 each, 25% off made them $2.24, and I had 4 $3/2 coupons and 4 $1/1 coupons. I used the $3 RR and $4 RR from transaction #1. Total purchase was $6.37, making the lotions $0.52 each.
3. Gillette deodorant on sale for buy one get one 50% off. I had a $2/1, a $1/1, and a buy one get one Gillette Body Wash free coupon. Also got 3 Scotch tape, which I had 3 $1/1 coupons and a buy 1 get 2 free coupon, so I actually made $1 on these. I used my $5 RR from transaction #4 and my total was negative, so I had to buy a filler in order to continue checking out. I bought a $4 worth of Easter basket fillers (which I didn't picture because I had to hide as soon as I got home) and my total was $4.12.
So there you have it! You are probably thoroughly confused! It seems complicated but it's really not. Each time I go I learn more and it becomes easier and easier. I think I am addicted to the deals. I am quite quickly accumulating a stockpile...